Splash Park at The Embankment, Wellingborough
The Splash Park is a popular children's water play feature situated next to the River Nene at The Embankment, Wellingborough (NN8 1LD). It is completely free and offers everything families could need for a fun-filled day in the sun. As well as the main water feature there are picnic tables, a shelter and regular food and ice cream vans. There is free car parking, toilets and baby changing facilities.
Splash Park Opening Times 2018
The Splash Park will be open (subject to favourable weather conditions) on the following dates between 12 noon and 6:30pm.
- Friday 30th March - Sunday 15th April (open daily)
- Saturday 21st April - Sunday 6th May (weekends only)
- Monday 7th May
- Saturday 12th May - Sunday 27th May (weekends only)
- Monday 28th May - Sunday 3rd June (open daily)
- Wednesday 27th June - Friday 29th June (extra opening days)
- Monday 2nd July and Tuesday 3rd July (extra opening days)
- Saturday 9th June - Sunday 22nd July (weekends only)
- Monday 23rd July - Monday 3rd September (open daily)
- Saturday 8th September - Sunday 21st October (weekends only)
- Monday 22nd October - Sunday 28th October (open daily).
Embankment splash park visitor questionnaire
Over the last 10 years the splash park has been a successful addition to this attractive area of Wellingborough. We would like to know what you enjoy most about the facility and what improvements you feel the area might need. The council has limited budgets and wants to make sure we are giving priority to the things that local people want most.
A visitor survey was carried out during the Summer 2015 and the results of this survey can be viewed here.